Sunday, January 22, 2012

ANGEL EYES


Simple Stories Baby Steps is a delightful range currently in stock at Memory Shed. The designs and colouring of the range are perfectly suited for either boy or girl. It was an absolute pleasure to design this layout for my client Carol during her first class with me this week. The last matting on the main photograph was a piece of felt which was the perfect texture to use on the 'baby' layout and we added a blanket stitch detail with brown embroidery cotton. A number of elements on the paper were cut out and used as an embelishement or placed back into the same spot to accentuate the design.  It is often heard during 99% of the classes that "she made me cut it out".  It is quite a laugh as I seem to be notorious with this technique, but it would be a sin not to as there is so much on the paper to use.  I promise that 'I don't make them' do anything they don't want to, I simply suggest what would look best ;-). 

The cutie pie in the photographs is Carol's grandson Ryan who had just turned one year old this week. 







No comments:

Post a Comment